WV RECOVERY COACH
Monday July 8, 2019 and continues everyday through July
11, 2019. Class is held from 8:30am - 5:30pm each day.
Students then complete 16 clinical training hours as arranged by WVRCA through
BlueRidge Resource Center in Charles Town, WV.
Recovery Coaches promote recovery by removing barriers and
obstacles to recovery and serving personal guides and mentors for
people seeking or already in recovery.
The WVRCA training is approved by the CCAR Recovery Coach
Academy© and uses CCAR instructional material. The training focuses
on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and
support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term
recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. The WVRCA
prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really
good questions, and discover and manage their own issues.
Upon completion of this course,
students will be able to:
• Describe the role of the Recovery Coach and functions
• List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
• Build skills to enhance relationships
• Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
• Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
• Understand the stages of recovery
• Describe the stages of change and their applications
• Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
• Address ethical and boundary issues
• Experience recovery wellness planning
• Practice newly acquired skills
This training is for anyone who is interested in becoming a recovery
coach. If your profession involves the recovery field, you may want to
consider the West Virginia Recovery Coach Academy. This training
utilizes a dynamic approach to learning that blends both process
Training is approved 4.6 CEUs and 3 college credits by Blue Ridge
Community and Technical College for 46 hours of training.
Students receive a complete application, instructions for certification
requirements and obtain answers from the trainers regarding the
program, costs and scholarship eligibility.
*HEAPS Funding may be Available to qualified WV Residents.